Dry January doesn’t have to be dull or boring. With a little creativity and planning, you can have a fun and memorable date without the need for alcohol. Whether you’re looking for a more active or relaxing activity, there are plenty of options to choose from. So why not try one of these cool things and see what you and your partner enjoy the most?
- Did you know that walking together builds empathy? Steve Jobs was famous for his walking meetings for this reason. So what better way to spend some quality time together than by going for a walk, whether in the city or in nature. Hiking or walking is a fun and easy way to bond with your partner, get some exercise, and enjoy time together.
- Try out a new restaurant or type of cuisine. If you and your partner or love interest love trying new foods and exploring different types of cuisine, why not make a date out of it? There are so many options to choose from, whether it’s a trendy sushi spot, a vegan cafe, or a traditional Italian trattoria. Or, get creative and try out a type of cuisine you’ve never had before, like Ethiopian or Mexican.
- Take a cooking class or have a cooking competition. If you’re looking for a more hands-on activity, consider taking a cooking class together or having a cooking competition at home. Not only will you learn new skills and bond with your partner, but you’ll get to enjoy a delicious meal without the need for alcohol. Cooking classes are available for all skill levels, so don’t be afraid to give it a try!
- Visit a museum or art gallery. If you and your partner are art lovers, a museum or art gallery date is a no-brainer. Many museums and galleries offer free or discounted admission, so it’s a budget-friendly option too. Spend the day exploring the exhibits and learning about different artists and their work – it’s a great way to stimulate your minds and have a cultural experience together.
- Have a game night. If you’re looking for a low-key, indoor activity, game night is the way to go. Pull out your favorite board games or card games, or try out something new. It’s a great way to have some fun and friendly competition with your partner, and you can even invite some friends over to join in the fun.
- Go ice skating or roller skating. If you’re in the mood for a more active date, ice skating or roller skating is a great choice. It’s a unique activity that you might not have tried before, and it’s a fun way to get some exercise and have a good time. You can find indoor or outdoor rinks depending on your location, and many places offer rentals if you don’t have your own skates.
- Take a dance class. Dancing is a super fun and energetic way to spend a date, and it’s a great way to try something new and learn a new skill together. You can find classes in a variety of styles, like salsa, ballroom, or swing, and many studios offer beginner classes that are perfect for couples.
- Go to a comedy show or open mic night. If you and your partner love a good laugh and live entertainment, check out a comedy show or open mic night. Many clubs and venues host stand-up comedy or improv shows, and you can often find local performers at open mic nights. It’s a great way to support local talent and have a fun and memorable date.
- Go on a food tour. If you and your partner are foodies, a food tour date is a must. Food tours allow you to sample a variety of dishes at different restaurants or food vendors, and you can often learn about the history and culture of the area too.